Data Warehouse Reporting Analyst
401 N. Michigan Avenue
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Data Warehouse Reporting Analyst will be responsible for developing reports for end users utilizing SAP Business Objects and Tableau. The analyst will leverage their data warehousing and technical expertise by developing reports and dashboards that will be utilized by different stakeholders at Booth. The analyst will work extensively with end-users to define requirements and validate the results against the source systems.
- Design and develop reports using SAP Business Objects and Tableau software.
- Support and improve existing reporting functionality by answering questions from end-users, adding new fields and ensuring that the reports accurately match the source system data.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the business processes, source applications and source data, and use this knowledge in the design, development, and validation, quality assurance of data warehouse reports.
- Enhance the existing data warehouse by creating Business Objects filters, measures and objects.
- Develop processes for capturing and maintaining Business Objects metadata to document and clarify field contents in the data warehouse. Create and maintain reporting and user documentation.
- Work with end users to define and document requirements for new reports.
- Perform in-depth testing to ensure report output accurately matches the source application.
- Act as a liaison between report consumers and the Information Technology department as it relates to data warehouse reporting.
Education, Experience or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree (in computer science or a related field) required.
- At least five years of experience developing reports using SAP Business Objects required.
- At least three years of experience developing Tableau reports and dashboards preferred.
- Experience creating metadata and end-user documentation preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment required.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases preferred.
- A solid understanding of data warehouse fundamentals and experience building and supporting data warehouse reports required.
- Ability to create SQL scripts to access data in SQL Server databases required.
- Ability to access source system data via SQL and the application front-end required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/