Department Head, Information Systems and Technologies
Job Description: The department head is the first-line administrator of the department to which he/she is assigned. The incumbent is responsible for all issues related to department operation, such as curriculum, budget, personnel, class schedules, and student rights and responsibilities. The department head must actively recruit and mentor majors, serve on faculty committees, and perform other duties as assigned.
Other performance measures: Successful performance of the job requires creativity, initiative, and effective problem solving. A department head must work constructively with faculty, staff, and university officials to accomplish essential job functions.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach 12 credit hours (or equivalent) with 3 hours credit release time each fall and spring semester.
2. Supervise all credit courses, degree/certificate-granting programs of the department.
3. Supervise the development/distribution of department publications.
4. Coordinate development of an appropriate and efficient class schedule each semester.
5. Coordinate with transfer institutions in the articulation of courses and/or degree programs.
6. Remain current with theory and practice in the profession, coordinate and monitor professional growth activities for faculty.
7. Develop a proposed budget for submission to the Division Head and recommend all budget expenditures to the Division Head.
8. Coordinate the recruitment, selection, and recommendation of adjunct faculty and actively participate in the selection of fulltime faculty.
9. Develop and monitor faculty teaching loads.
10. Evaluate faculty.
11. Supervise textbook selection.
12. Supervise implementation of the Student Success Model for retention.
13. Supervise implementation of assessment model.
14. Participate in an active advisory board for degree programs.
15. Establish and maintain effective cooperation and coordination with all other divisions, departments, and support units on campus.
16. Supervise the planning and development of continuing education courses, workshops, and/or programs.
17. Participate in professional organizations.
18. Complete all mandatory training as assigned.
19. Effectively perform other assigned duties, as needed.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Hiring Range:(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate