HR ASSISTANT Part-Time (Generalist)
Requisition Number STA - 201000000650
Job Title HR ASSISTANT Part-Time (Generalist)
The University of North Texas System invites applications for the position of HR ASSISTANT (Generalist) . The University of North Texas System (UNTS) is a dynamic, growing university system serving primarily the North Texas region. The System campuses include the University of North Texas (UNT) Denton campus, the state's fourth largest university with more than 37,000 students; the UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth, with 2,000 students; and the UNT at Dallas campus with 1,600 students.
This position is responsible for providing professional and administrative support for human resources services and programs. Duties include administering/maintaining programs, composing and revising correspondence and informational materials, preparing, maintaining, gathering data, and manipulating spreadsheet/database records and reports, assisting in the development and delivery of training and informational presentations, assisting with project work, and providing general customer support.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates a variety of information to faculty and staff regarding policies, procedures, programs and benefits.
- Provides support for the administration of the university's recognition programs, including assisting with event coordination and materials preparation.
- Provides support for the administration of the performance evaluation process, including collecting information, sending out correspondence and performing data entry.
- Works closely with departments to ensure all HR related paperwork is received in a complete and timely manner.
- May assist with preparing and facilitating training around processes and procedures with certain programs.
- Manages content on web pages for Employee Relations team , adding new content and making updates.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with frequently changing priorities.
- Assists with salary surveys and classification and compensation research.
- Scans and links files and records into imaging system and audits file.
- Answers multi-line phone, routes calls and guests to the appropriate personnel.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent and three years of human resources administrative and technical assistance work. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management.
- Strong communication skills (writing, oral and listening).
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to evaluate applicant qualifications, to analyze job requirements, to prepare job descriptions, and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communications with public.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday, up to 19 hours a week
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of experience do you have in Human Resources Administrative and Technical Assistance work?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)