Evaluator, Professional Studies
A New Kind of U. As a competency-based, student-focused, online, nonprofit university, we do things a bit differently at WGU. From the bottom up, we're designed with students in mind—particularly, the busy, working, adult student who wants to earn a bachelor's or master's degree but for whom a traditional university education simply won't do. We have a fantastic work culture, career pathing, 403B retirement account with a generous company match, sick time plus many other great benefits! If you are passionate about helping others and looking to make an impact in people’s lives, this position is for you!
WGU’s Evaluation Team
The Evaluator is a member of WGU’s faculty. Evaluators are subject matter experts tasked with reviewing student assessment submissions in a fair and unbiased manner to determine if competency has been demonstrated in a specific course. Evaluators are self-managed, taking initiative and acting independently in completing performance assessment evaluations. As established professionals within their fields, Evaluators bring years of hands-on experience to the position. The Evaluator’s work is critical to each student’s experience and success at WGU
- Apply subject matter expertise and experience utilizing a rubric.
- Craft personalized robust feedback to support accurate scoring of student responses and in the support of student progress.
- Must achieve departmental goals for turnaround time of 72 hours or less.
- Create and implement methods to improve student success and evaluation processes.
- Partners with other faculty and departments to provide closed loop feedback on programs and assessments regarding trends within student submissions.
- Doctorate Minimum earned Degree in a field related to Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Educational Technology, and/or Educational Leadership.
- Curriculum & Instruction experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a field related to Education, K-12 teaching experience preferred.
WORK FROM HOME, United States