Strategic Sourcing Manager, Procurement and Contract Services
The Manager of Strategic Souring will support the Procurement and Contract Services team in developing an effective strategic sourcing program. This position has responsibility for developing and implementing a strategic sourcing program to leverage University spend, decrease the time to purchase, and source and implement an e-procurement marketplace for the DU community.
They will develop and manage vendor relationships to meet the goals of the strategic sourcing program, including the development of master agreements, catalog pricing, vendor performance and quality management programs, such as supplier scorecards and data presentations. Ensures continuous process improvement and innovation to enhance relationships between the University and key vendors. They will manage a team to support this initiative.
- Develop, administer, evaluate, and implement a strategic sourcing program for the University of Denver. Including identifying strategic sourcing opportunities and managing vendor relationships.
- Prioritize strategic sourcing initiatives and manage workload distribution.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of the strategic sourcing process, engaging the Procurement and Contract Services team resources to ensure that project deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- Oversee the strategic sourcing activities, analyze University data, establish effective vendor partnerships, and incorporate feedback and input from University business officers, administrators, and faculty.
- Work to implement multi-year strategic alliances with suppliers to leverage University volume, reducing the number of vendors to an optimum number and encouraging University customers (buyers) to procure goods and services through pre-arranged supply channels so that the majority of purchases are made via contracts.
- Develop dashboard and reporting methodologies to track and measure achieved savings, process improvements, successes, and opportunities for improvement.
- Management of the necessary technology solutions for a successful strategic sourcing program, including sourcing, implementing, and on-going management of an e-procurement solution.
- Manage Strategic Sourcing analyst.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- Five-seven years of experience in strategic sourcing, supply management, procurement, or related experience.
- Practical experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and e-procurement technology.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data management and reporting tools, including analyzing data using advanced tools in Excel to formulate strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple concurrent tasks, meet critical deadlines and effectively manage changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to affect purchasing behavior changes at the individual, department and institutional level.
- Professional certification, such as CPM, CPSM, CPPB or CPPO.
- Experience using Banner, or similar ERP.
- Professional experience in a higher education environment.
Please submit your application materials by August 31
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered.