REVENUE CYCLE ANALYST
REVENUE CYCLE ANALYST
Posting Number: SRGV3526
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
To provide analysis for the Revenue Cycle area for any applications, specials projects, and revenue cycle processes. To provide support/training during system/project implementations and post support for the Revenue Cycle applications.
Description of Duties:
• Analyzes and investigates problems/issues with application functions of the clinical management system for billing, collections, or denials. Ensures changes are addressed and corrected via table maintenance or configurations in the Practice Management system.
• Responsible for proposing departmental procedures to complement system functions, training staff, and effectively maintain the systems to allow the department to attain its goals and responsibilities.
• Analyzes all exception reports from applications/software and corrects daily to ensure proper billing/follow-up/collections processes are working efficiently.
• Responsible for learning, using, maintaining, and training UT Health RGV clinical data management system and any other system application impacting revenue cycle processes to ensure efficiency.
• Reviews and analyzes revenue cycle issues and provides recommendations for processes changes. Prepares reports as needed.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for resolution of issues involving UT Health RGV applications and/or software as they relate to the Revenue Cycle. Will analyze and determine if the problem will be escalated to Athena support or UTRGV Information Technology.
• Reviews that systems and procedures are in place to maximize reimbursement from patient and all third party payers by ensuring correct tables are set up in the Practice Management system.
• Collaborates with the Healthcare Application Analyst, providers, staff from partner sites, and other UT Health RGV staff to resolve any clinic issues impacting Revenue Cycle.
• Ensures consistency in training on all Revenue Cycle policies/processes and responds accordingly to employee questions or concerns regarding processes.
• Provides timely staff training with clear and thorough training materials when there are changes or updates to any revenue cycle application.
• Creates memos, training documentation and other forms of communication related to revenue cycle operations/improvements as needed to disseminate pertinent information to clinic, revenue cycle, and other UT Health RGV staff when appropriate.
• Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures for Revenue Cycle to ensure efficiency and compliance. Maintains knowledge of all financial and billing applications impacting Revenue Cycle.
• Maintains an understanding of industry standards and practices to accounts receivable management and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for preparing reports for Revenue Cycle management as assigned or work on special projects as needed.
• Hosts, facilitates, and/or participates in both external and internal meetings pertaining to new application/software functionalities and its impact on UT Health RGV.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited university.
Three (3) years of related work experience in the different areas of Revenue Cycle operations, including billing, collections, managed care, and coding. Proven knowledge of application support of clinical data management system required. Knowledge of regulatory and third party payer requirements to ensure compliance. Experience in lieu of education may be substituted on a one-for-one basis.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organization skills. Computer skills, good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must demonstrate a positive demeanor, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and be professional in both appearance and approach.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 08/14/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/18816