Business Services Supervisor
American River College
Business Services Supervisor
Job Posting Number: C00673P
Salary: $6,689.38 per month (Exempt)
Closing Date: 8/29/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/8832
Under the direction of the Vice President of Administrative Services, plans, organizes, controls and directs college business services. [For a detailed job description for this LRSA Los Rios Supervisors Association posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Business Services Office.
● Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of college business services for assigned college (includes main campus and educational centers).
● Plans and directs accounting and budgeting matters.
● Maintains control of college appropriations in accordance with adopted budgets.
● Authorizes, monitors, and controls expenditures to assure appropriate budget administration.
● Organizes, directs, and monitors the purchasing processes.
● Establishes, implements and monitors appropriate internal controls over accounting procedures, inventory, and cash handling.
● Coordinates such activities with other college departments and district business and fiscal offices.
● Directs the billing, collection, deposit, and coding of student fees and refunds, and control appropriate accounts and records.
● Administers, disburses, controls, and reconciles inventories of student universal transportation passes
● Documents procedures, coordinates, and trains college departments on distribution of universal transportation passes.
● Initiates and oversees processes for disbursement of financial aid payments.
● Establishes, implements and monitors college detailed accounts and records involving the collection, disbursement, accounting, and reporting of instructionally-related, Trust, Agency, Foundation, and Enterprise funds including the issuance and collection of student loans, financial aid grants, financial repayment debt, external agency scholarships, and revolving funds.
● May act as authorized signer on college bank accounts.
● Supervises and collaborates on the development and use of computerized financial systems, including but not limited to student administration, cashiering, web-based payment and sales, and financial aid systems.
● Uses management information tools, including personal computer applications and web-based financial and reporting tools.
● Analyzes and recommends changes to business services software applications and programs.
● Coordinates business services technology improvements with college and district information technology staff.
● Develops and supervises the provision of technical assistance for college staff in the use and application of financial accounting and reporting systems, including authorizing staff access.
● Develops and supervises in-service programs for college staff related to business services and administrative procedures.
● Coordinates with district staff workshops for college staff on district financial and business policies.
● Assists with managing the utilization of full- and part-time classified staffing of the college, including grants and special programs.
● Communicates, investigates, and resolves issues with the District Office in matters pertaining to budget, accounting, purchasing, fiscal services, payroll, employee benefits, and information technology.
● Supervises the preparation of the annual college budget, coordinating with administrators and other involved personnel.
● Coordinates and monitors operating budgets of the college’s grants and special programs;.
● Initiates, reviews, and approves budget and expenditure transfers, accounting entries, and transactions to assure conformance with program requirements.
● Monitors and facilitates preparation of external financial reporting requirements for grants and special programs.
● Trains and advises college administration and staff on budgetary, accounting, compliance matters, district policies & regulations, and governmental statutes.
● Participates on a variety of college and District committees representing the college.
● Maintains college investment records in the Local Agency Investment Fund, local depositories, and other investment instruments as established under district investment policies.
● Develops and prepares related investment reports.
● May develop and monitor preparation of the college’s financial reports.
● May be assigned responsibility for the college’s community service program.
● May be assigned responsibility for college alarm system and key inventory management.
● Trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of assigned staff.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Four years’ of experience, including one year of experience in a lead or supervisory capacity, in financial record keeping.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting, business administration or related field.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.