Space Management Specialist
Under the general management of the Information Manager for Facilities Management and Planning:
- This position will collaborate with administrative leadership to support DUs mission, (DU Impact 2025).
- Has oversite responsibilities for the Computer Aided Facilities Management System (CAFM) system and application functions that support facilities operations and other campus departments.
- The position is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the procedures, security assignments and codes required for the CAFM System.
- This position will coordinate the daily operation and is responsible to assure the consistent application of the established Policies and Procedures for the overall function of the application, of software support, and database administration.
- Support the mission of FM to improve customer satisfaction, produce administrative and operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, and comply with business policies.
- As engaged, individual works collaboratively with different groups in support University and Departmental technology initiatives, i.e., Department website migrations, file shares migration, departmental Win 365 upgrade, MS Exchange migration and zero client deployment.
- Oversight for other technology initiatives requested/needed.
- Exhibits flexibility with daily assignments and departmental changes, uses sound judgment in decision-making, demonstrates team player attitude.
- Handles all special duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record in Customer Satisfaction and service delivery commitment.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of key industry trends and developments.
- Excellent ability in developing processes, documenting processes, and then operationalizing them.
- Provide meaningful and timely feedback to members of team.
- General knowledge of computer configuration and support, web development, software support and development, and database services.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of database designs and integrated data structures.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software commonly used for facilities design, management, and maintenance services in a modern campus environment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map, Revit, ArchibusFM or other similar design, document management, and FM-related software.
- Understanding of internet and intranet technology, information architecture, electronic performance support systems, database applications, .html authoring tools, groupware, document management systems and business intelligence tools (digital dashboards, spreadsheets, reporting/querying software).
- Skilled in developing requests for proposals (RFPs), bid specifications, procedural guidelines, presentations, and budget proposals Skilled in developing and/or interpreting construction plans & specifications and legal contracts.
- Good typing skills; ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form
- Experience in understanding workflow and teaming to create procedure documents.
- Software training skills, employee training and teaching of multi-level staff and personnel is essential.
- The ability to interact effectively with departmental staff as well as campus and university-wide stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to provide effective communication within and outside of the department.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize, prioritize goals and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and report work activities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years' experience in facilities or space management, architecture, or other design-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience in facilities planning or facilities project management in a university or public sector setting.
- Valid driver's license and ability to be licensed under the University policy.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 years' experience in facilities or space management, architecture, or other design-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of experience in facilities planning or facilities project management in a university or public sector setting
- Experience with IT project management techniques
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) August 27, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter