Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement - DC Metro
The Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement supports Alumni Engagement team as well as the Regional and International Advancement team both on campus and within assigned regions.
Under general supervision, reporting to the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement, with secondary reporting to the Senior Director of Regional Advancement within their assigned region, the Assistant Director’s primary focus is to manage alumni volunteers, develop and deliver strategic engagement opportunities and programming to engage alumni, and act as an alumni ambassador of William & Mary in the assigned region or assigned affinity groups to strengthen the lifelong ties alumni have to their alma mater.
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Identify, cultivate, and recruit alumni volunteers to significantly increase alumni engagement.
- Provide pre-planning, onsite management, and follow-up of assigned engagement opportunities and programming. Manage programming evites and newsletters via email and mail. Create the pre and post-event documents for distribution to and review by William & Mary and University Advancement staff.
- Acts as liaison between constituent offices and University Advancement teams and outside vendors. Serves as a primary liaison to regional alumni chapters, including providing chapter and volunteer training.
- Manage a portfolio of alumni within the region to solicit annually.
- Attend chapter board meetings and act as representative on various chapter boards. Monitors creation and execution of annual reporting activity, strategic plans and budgeting for chapters.
- Assists in survey process (to include distribution of surveys, compiling of data, producing metrics and benchmarking data) to analyze the effectiveness and progress of regional programs.