Director, Technology and Information Management
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The Director, Technology and Information Management (TIM), Division of Operations, provides strategic leadership, vision, oversight and management for all aspects of technology systems in the Division, with a particular focus on technology systems that facilitate effective service operations. The Director is a key business partner to line managers in establishing technology-driven business improvements. The Director leads a small team of technology professionals who provide business application, infrastructure security and staff-assistance services to the Division. The Director ensures that the Division's systems implement the requirements of Division of Information Technology security and that Division practices are aligned with university best-practices related to technology.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Sets vision for technology enhancements for the Division and advises the Sr. Associate Vice President on technology related matters.
• Works closely with Division leaders to identify, plan, budget and implement opportunities for innovative cost-effective technology solutions to drive service.
• Ensure security protocols are in place and followed as related to information technology data. Takes direction from Division of Information Technology on security related matters affecting the institution.
• Routinely works with business application vendors to ensure quality service from vendors supporting the operation.
• Works with Division leadership to identify, recommend and implement reporting tools and mechanisms available to support business efficiencies and financial reporting.
• Serves as a member of the Division's senior staff and ensures that technology and data security considerations are part of the strategic planning and decision- making processes for the Division.
• Collaborates with Division of Information Technology staff and IT staff in other university divisions to implement and manage technology systems, as appropriate.
• Establishes specifications for technology used by the Division in carrying out its operations and manages procurement processes for new software and hardware (business software, computer hardware, handheld devices, etc).
• In coordination with the Director, Business Services & Staff Development, develops and partners to deliver effective technology training to staff throughout the Division.
• Coaches and mentors staff reporting to the Director.
• Performs other duties related to the management and oversight of technology in the Division, as outlined by supervisor.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 8 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 6 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 8 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 6 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
At least five years of administrative supervisory experience involving information technology service delivery and customer service is desired.
Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and attention to detail is desired.
Demonstrated ability to provide vision and engage in decision-making process with significant analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills is desired.
Experience in project management and budget management/accountability is desired.
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills, are desired.
Experience mentoring staff and participating in development of team-members is desired.
Master's degree or advanced certification in related area is desired.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Operations Family Information Technology Sub-Family Multiple Functions Stream Management Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday- Friday (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM) Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Yes Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007546 Job Open Date: 08/09/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter