ESE Project Manager
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Office of Enrollment and the Student Experience is a mission-driven organization providing a cohesive experience throughout all phases of the student lifecycle, from the admissions and enrollment process through graduation and beyond, by supporting a connected, comprehensive and student-centered approach to the student experience. Reporting to the Senior Vice Provost for Enrollment and the Student Experience (ESE), the ESE includes the offices of undergraduate admissions, graduate enrollment, career services, student financial assistance, student success, student experience and student services, systems and analytics. The ESE is committed to a student-first mentality, utilizing a data-driven approach to continuous assessment and improvement across the organization.
The Office of Student Systems, Services and Analytics (SSSA) is a diverse team of functional areas including Colonial Student Services, ESE IT, and ESE Data Analysis, Reporting and Evaluation with responsibility for administering and supporting a wide range of services related to students' successful progression from enrollment through graduation. SSSA uses a student-focused approach to its responsibility for ensuring the integrity and continuity of all ESE data systems, structures and services and serving a critical role in the integration and continuing development of the ESE student systems, services and analytics functions. SSSA supports the university's mission as it relates to the management of enrollment and student experience data, systems and services. The SSSA team leads the successful planning of resources, processes, platforms and technologies, data and analyses that support enrollment and the student experience including the administration, collection, review and analysis of student data to inform decision-making. SSSA provides guidance and support on various policy matters and the development of strategies, collaborations and efficiencies that enhance overall enrollment and the student experience at the university.
Reporting to the Associate Vice Provost for Student Systems Services and Analytics, the ESE Project Manager provides project management and operational support to the AVP and the SSSA unit directors. The ESE Project Manager works with the AVP to serve as a liaison to coordinate SSSA activities across ESE, manage workflow, special projects and ensure critical processes and services are maintained and delivered. In department business matters the ESE Project Manager has frequent contacts with Deans, Directors, faculty members, students and other administrative staff.
The ESE Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Acts as a project manager for a wide range of projects in support of key priorities for the Associate Vice Provost for Student Systems Services and Analytics and SSSA unit directors, which may include conducting research, leading discussions with various stakeholder groups, coordinating special events, implementing new technologies, and facilitating / participating in the development of strategic initiatives.
- Coordinates on-going system, services and analytics portfolio projects, managing documentation, timeline and scope as necessary.
- Analyzes and summarizes project data for internal and external reporting needs.
- Gathers data on system enhancement and systems/technology requests to present to the AVP.
- Develops cost estimates for staff equipment and supplies. Monitors and controls budget status and expenditures.
- Establishes performance metrics for projects, provides recommendations on areas for process improvement, as well as reporting and tracking process improvement results to ensure projects within SSSA are on track and adhering to appropriate standards and processes.
- Provides insight, feedback and advises the AVP on matters related to the prioritization and escalation of issues related to projects, portfolios, personnel, budget, evaluation, and other aspects of the unit's operation.
- Oversees the office management, meeting support, day-to-day operation, workflow process and scheduling for the AVP.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus but will require travel to the Virginia Science & Technology campus in Ashburn, VA. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are
logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in planning and project management
- Ability to develop project charters and schedules
- Effective communication, presentation and organization skills
- Knowledge of higher education business processes
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Possess strong business acumen, keen sense of urgency and discretion, and the ability to exercise appropriate judgment in a variety of situations.
- Professional demeanor with a positive disposition and problem solving capabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Viso.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Enrollment Management Family Finance and Business Sub-Family Project Management Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, with occasional nights and weekends. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007543 Job Open Date: 08/09/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you able and willing to commute between Washington, DC and Ashburn, Virginia?
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter