Senior Athletics Operations Associate, Men's Basketball
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation, an NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, actively engages our students, our campus community, our alumni and our fans through the spirit of healthy living and competition. Located in the heart of our nation's capital, this world-class university aspires to have a world-class athletics and recreation program. We are committed to building and sustaining a program that mirrors the overall excellence of the university, by providing students an unparalleled opportunity for achievement and engaging the larger community as we grow and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
Reporting to the Head Coach of Men's Basketball, the Senior Athletics Operations Associate will support the Men's Basketball program by performing the following duties.
- Is responsible for game day and practice management before, during, and after competition for all home and away games.
- Manages the budget for the program, including collaborating with the Finance team to forecast quarterly.
- Oversees student managers' day-to-day operations, including all games and practices.
- Manages video and film exchange to assist coaches in team preparation.
- Oversees sports marketing staff to market and promote the Men's Basketball Program. Manages all social networks (i.e. Facebook and Twitter).
- Assists with all camps, clinics, and community service initiatives.
- Manages all team travel logistics.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC but will require significant domestic travel for games and events. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Outstanding communication, writing and presentation skills
- Sports management experience
- Working knowledge of video tape/editing equipment
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and be part of a team
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience coordinating team travel logistics
- Extensive experience running basketball camps
- Knowledge of the recruiting landscape in New England, the Tri-State area, Philadelphia, Delaware and the DMV area
- Experience overseeing team managers, camp staff and coaches
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Athletics and Recreation Family Athletics Sub-Family Athletics Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Nights and weekends as necessary. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007544 Job Open Date: 08/09/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Does the professional experience section of your resume include months?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter