Research Associate, Clinical Data
Job Description Summary:
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
The Computational Biology Institute (CBI) is seeking a Research Associate of Clinical Data Research (RA) to apply expert clinical knowledge of related information systems. This position will be extracting and working with data from Cerner’s data model and Electronic Health Records The position focuses on advancing the informatics needs of clinical GW researchers using data from GW Hospital patients The RA position will report to the CBI Director.
- Manage analysis of data sets
- Manage the cleaning, integrating and building of data sets
- Manage the full development life cycle of research projects
- Identify ways to improve data collection processes at GW Hospital
- Ensure data sets are built in a way they will respond correctly for analysis
- Manage the IRB process for the research projects by communicating between the different parties involved
- Provide input for functional design
- Provide guidance to researchers in the building of their data sets
- Identify the data related needs of the George Washington University research community
- Write and configure code for Cerner CCL and PowerInsight, and Oracle SQL
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
Qualified candidates will hold a master’s degree and 1 year of experience in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Masters Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Software Engineering, Data Science or equivalent technical experience.
• 1 year IT experience in the healthcare industry or a related discipline
• Development experience utilizing Cerner CCL and PowerInsight
• Strong knowledge of Cerner’s data model and architecture
• Experience with relational database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle) preferred
• Experience with REDCap secure research data application
• Proficiency in MS Access and MS Excel including macro design and use
• Advanced analytical, conceptual and technical problem-solving abilities
• Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures
• Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint.
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Laboratory Research Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: R000623 Job Open Date: 08/09/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae