Research Specialist, Volatility Institute at NYU Shanghai (VINS)
The research specialist is mainly responsible for participating/assisting VINS research projects and
maintaining financial database to support VINSIGHT website.
- Participate in joint research projects between VINS and other financial institutions/schools
- Assist Executive Director on academic research studies, including literature review, data processing and analysis, etc.
- In charge of the maintenance and development of the financial datasets based on SQL to support the VINSIGHT website;
- Any additional responsibilities related to Institute resources and activities that fall under the purview of the Senior Research Associate
- Master's or higher degree in Finance/Statistics/Economics or related field
- A second major in computer science highly valued
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Genuinely interested in finance research
- Capable of executing research projects with supervision
- Has a proven ability to use sophisticated econometric tools to analyze complex financial data on a large scale
- Programming skills in Python/Matlab/SAS and SQL
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work in an international and cross-culture environment
- High professional integrity, honesty and trust
- Familiarity with Chinese financial markets
- Knowledge and experience with financial data terminals/provider such as Wind/IFIND
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a CV and Cover Letter to Xin Zhou, VINS Executive Director, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Research Specialist, Volatility Institute at NYU Shanghai (VINS)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly