Administrative Assistant, Department of Residence Life and Housing
Winston Salem, NC
Welcome to Wake Forest University's Staff Career Site. To make sure your application is complete, please do the following:
- Note: Load a resume or C.V. first (if available) then supporting documents under the "My Experience" section.
- Ensure you have all necessary documents available when starting the process. Once initiated, the application cannot be saved.
- Prior to submitting your application, make sure your candidate profile is current as it will transfer to your application.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Recruiting team via email at AskHR@wfu.edu or by calling 336-758-4700.
Job Description Summary
Provides general administrative and clerical support. Supports the day-to-day activities of the office and serves as the first point of contact and liaison with internal and external constituencies. Assists with composition and preparation of various correspondence, materials, and administrative.
- Greets visitors, determines needs, directs accordingly, and responds to general inquiries in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Provides clerical and administrative support including processing of incoming and outgoing materials, data entry, filing, copying, mailings, etc. with attention to detail.
- Tracks, orders, and maintains office materials and supplies assuring inventory is available.
- Assists with planning and organizing departmental and sponsored events and assumes responsibility for extra departmental or University needs, as required.
- Maintains calendars, schedules meetings and appointments, aligns schedules of internal and external meeting participants.
- Prepares agendas and takes notes during meetings, as required.
- Schedules travel including airline reservations, car rentals, hotel reservations, etc., as needed.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associate's degree and at least three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- General knowledge in office management techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet, and other relevant software.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to present and display professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural questions.
- Ability to research and resolve office management and administrative problems and questions.
- Physical Requirements: light work; standing, walking, talking, hearing, and close visual acuity. Subject to inside environmental conditions. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in a non-profit or academic environment.
Additional Job Description
Time Type Requirement
Full time Note to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
All staff positions are open for seven days from the posted date. Applications are reviewed daily for priority consideration.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.