Administrative Assistant III
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Skaggs School of Pharmacy
Job Title: Administrative Assistant III
Position #682636 - Requisition #14409
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Skaggs School of Pharmacy has an opening for a full-time, State Classified Administrative Assistant III position.
This position exists to provide a variety of professional administrative support services to department faculty, which includes responsibility for interpreting policies, rules and procedures associated with and assisting with faculty and lab purchasing, travel reimbursement and other financials; maintaining files; compiling department budget reports; assisting the Department Chair; providing adminstrative backup to the other office administrators; and completing other tasks as assigned.
Examples of Work Performed:
Faculty Administrative Support (40%)
- Provides faculty support on a variety of academic and business processes.
- These include, but are not limited to, assisting the chair with professional membership updates and maintaining his calendar, updating faculty entries in the database, making meeting arrangements, and assisting with effort reporting tracking.
- Organizes visiting speaker seminars and faculty recruit visits.
- Manages all travel and lodging for speakers/faculty recruits, and all seminar arrangements, including room and equipment needs.
- Schedules interviews with faculty.
- Creates itineraries, notices, and e-mails for distribution to faculty, students and other UCD affiliates.
- Arranges student lunch with speaker, selecting caterer, ordering food, communicating with students.
- Prepares and processes seminar/recruitment-associated travel vouchers, expense vouchers, official function forms and honoraria payments, in a timely manner and according to UCD guidelines.
- Creates, processes, dispatches and receives purchase requisitions and purchase orders, utilizing Marketplace, in a timely and accurate manner, and according to UCD guidelines.
- Determines appropriate speed type and account, and ensures that all proper documentation (e.g., sole source justification) is provided.
- Prepares and processes other financial forms (travel and expense vouchers, official function forms, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner, determining appropriate speed type and account.
- Verifies and reallocates Pcard charges, determining appropriate speed type and account for expenses.
- Provides support for retreats/conferences; in charge of ordering supplies for the office; and administers faculty leave.
- Provides backup support to graduate program personnel.
- The hiring salary range is expected to be $3,528-$3,881 per month, but is negotiable and commensurate with the selected candidate's qualifications and experience
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
- Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
- Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Three years of experience in an administrative support position
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
- Colorado law requires candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application
- Administrative support experience in higher education
- Well developed professional skills in the areas of data entry, general accounting, customer service and office administration
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to enter data in a database and manage an email account
- Ability to take initiative, as well as respond to direction
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in a variety of situations
- Ability to establish priorities in a fast pace and ever changing setting
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook)
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Application Materials Required Cover Letter, Resume/CV Application Materials Instructions: APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until August 23rd, 2018 To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20518 - SOP-Administration
Posting Date: Aug 9, 2018
Closing Date: Aug 23, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Sean McBride
Posting Contact Email: Sean.M.McBride@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00682635