Senior Associate Director of Recruitment & Outreach - Office of Undergraduate Admissions ( 100967 )
University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign
Senior Associate Director of Recruitment & Outreach
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Senior Associate Director of Recruitment & Outreach in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The Senior Associate Director of Recruitment & Outreach will oversee high-level projects, policies, and procedures for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as well as manage several units that contribute to the recruitment of new domestic and international undergraduate students, campus visits, Customer Relations Management (CRM) system summer registration, and outreach efforts to underrepresented students. In addition, the Senior Associate Director will serve as a part of the leadership team in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership, direction, and supervision for all aspects of undergraduate recruitment and yield enhancement activities for the University of Illinois, which includes analyzing and determining which geographic markets provide the most successful undergraduate students and developing strategies for effective recruitment of a talented and diverse undergraduate population.
- Coordinate the hiring, training, and regular communication of recruitment teams managed by Assistant Directors to ensure accurate and timely distribution of information about the university. These teams include coordinators, regional representatives, admissions counselors and other recruitment staff based on campus, in the Chicago Satellite Office, and home offices.
- Engage campus partners and alumni with participating in recruiting new undergraduates to the university.
- Provide leadership for training and professional development initiatives about the field of Undergraduate Admissions intended not only for Undergraduate Admissions staff, but also for university-wide constituents who interact with the Admissions Office functions.
- Contribute to the University's efforts to expand the number of underrepresented and first-generation college students. Build sustaining relationships with target underserved schools, as well as other agencies and community-based organizations who serve large numbers of underrepresented students.
- In conjunction with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, create a data-driven strategic plan to recruit and enroll an academically talented and diverse freshman and transfer class to the University of Illinois with an emphasis on activities with schools and counselors.
- Determine primary and secondary markets, using a variety of data tools including EPS, Descriptor Plus, EIS and historical trends in application, admission and enrollment.
- Chair the Recruitment & Yield Committee to facilitate communication with campus partners about various outreach & recruitment initiatives, as well as identify opportunities for campus partners to engaged with recruiting new undergraduate students.
- Chair a Freshman Review Committee.
- May be required to work evening and weekend hours. May be required to lift and move heavy boxes of materials. Travel to designated high schools, community colleges, college fairs, and yield receptions to represent the University of Illinois by answering questions from students, parents, and attendees regard the admissions process at Illinois.
Required education, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least ten years of direct experience in undergraduate admissions with an emphasis on campus wide recruitment and outreach initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communications experience.
- Must have proven ability to work independently and as part of a team with little or no supervision or clerical support.
- Ability to analyze data to make data driven decisions.
- Must be able to collaborate with multiple administrative and academic offices across campus to coordinate a systematic recruitment effort.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Dynamic personality.
- High-quality customer service skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to maintain strong work ethic and handle high volume of work, execute projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Understanding and commitment to affirmative action in educational access and employment.
- Must have valid driver's license.
Preferred education, experience and qualifications:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience with supervision of professional staff, admissions software, and project management.
- Experience with a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) recruitment software (i.e. Slate, Banner, Peoplesoft, Talisma)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Banner, and Slate systems.
This position is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position and salary is commensurate with experience. To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and upload your letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by August 23, 2018. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. The preferred start date for this position is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at 217-300-2734.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Title: Senior Associate Director of Recruitment & Outreach - Office of Undergraduate Admissions ( 100967 )
Open Date: 08/09/2018
Close Date: 08/23/2018
Organization Name: Undergraduate Admissions