Transportation Service - 152510
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
Transportation Services supports the University's mission by maximizing campus access through environmentally sustainable practices, superior customer service, and through innovation and professional management of transportation resources and facilities.
The Transportation Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Transportation Attendant to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Greet guests as they arrive to campus and provide information as to where they are able to park.
* Ensure that proper permits are displayed.
* Assist departments in making parking reservations for guests.
* Monitor parking lots and ensure compliance in accordance to UNT's Parking Rules and Regulations.
* Ensuring that buildings are secured.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Knowledge of campus geography and building locations (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
* Physical stamina to perform work which requires considerable standing, walking, and outdoor exposure.
* Ability to lift items up to approximately 50 lbs.
* Ability to see within normal parameters.
* Ability to hear within normal range.
* Skill (or ability to develop skill) in the use of alarm and access devices, police radio equipment, basic office and computing equipment.
* Ability to make independent decisions concerning adherence to procedures and guidelines.
* Ability to function under pressure or in emergency situations.
* Skill in the safe operation of a vehicle (if position requires driving a University vehicle).
* Satisfactory driving record (if position requires driving a University vehicle).
* Ability to maintain insurability under the University's liability policy (if position requires driving a University vehicle).
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting