Professional Research Asst
Professional Research Assistant (PRA)
Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research and Delivery Science (ACCORDS)
University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
NATURE OF WORK
The Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research and Delivery Science (ACCORDS) has an opening for a full-time Professional Research Assistant (PRA). This position will work on clinical research projects located in the Patient Centered Decisions core, under the supervision of Daniel D. Matlock, MD, MPH.
This position is for an entry level researcher and is well-suited for someone that is collaborative in nature and excels at interviewing and collecting feedback from the clinical population.
Responsibilities for the position include support in the administration, implementation, and reporting of patient-oriented investigation conducted to help improve medical decision making. Activities will include recruiting and interviewing patients, gathering data, developing data reports, support manuscript development, and coordinating logistics for studies related to medical decision-making. Additionally, the ideal PRA candidate will assist with development, filming and editing of decision making videos. For this reason experience with filming is strongly preferred. The PRA will work in varied capacities to provide support for existing and future research projects of the Patient Centered Decisions core. This work often requires collaboration with various research team members, interaction with patients and their families, communication with doctors and nurses, and communication with the study team.
Topics of interest include shared decision-making, patient activation in healthcare decision-making, risk communication, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICD), mechanical circulatory support / left ventricular assist devices (LVAD)/ palliative care / hospice and disabilities research. A crucial component of this position is the ability to screen, recruit, and enroll patients into studies. Strong communication skills are essential. The PRA position offers a chance to contribute to innovative work in the medical decision-making field and collaborate on creative projects, while also managing the daily needs for studies to run effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tasks assigned for research studies include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with team to develop, test, and implement decision-making tools.
- Assist in conducting key informant interviews, and coding and analysis of qualitative data
- Conducting study subject recruitment; study subjects include patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting, families and/or caregivers of patients, clinicians, or other relevant project stakeholders.
- Data collection, entry, and management; medical record review and reporting.
- Compiling and disseminating documents (including visual presentations, e.g., posters for conferences) related to the research projects.
- Coordinating and managing Institutional Review Board (IRB) documentation, as well as documentation required of study sub-sites' institutions.
- Literature searches and manuscript coordination, editing, and submission.
- Additional administrative tasks required for project management and completion.
- Assist with developing, filming and editing decision making videos.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years research experience or equivalent work experience.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working with patients, caregivers/family members, and clinicians (e.g., recruiting and interviewing patients for studies).
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively as an integral member of various research teams.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Bachelor's degree in in Psychology, Social Work, Communications, Public Health or a related discipline.
- Aptitude to learn database management software and other software as needed.
- Previous experience in research/evaluation project management, qualitative and quantitative data collection, data management, and analysis.
- Experience with EPIC medical chart reviews.
- Experience with filming, videography, photography, editing and graphic design.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin immediately continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14421
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21628 - SOM-COHO Center
Posting Date: Aug 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kayla LaPerriere
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00750628