JOB NO.: 95512-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SMPH/SURGERY/SURGERY ADMIN
Categories: Dean, Director, Executive, Health Care, Medical, Social Services, Management/Supervisory
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 95512-LI
Working Title: Department Administrator
Official Title: DIR, BUSINESS SERV/M(J96DM)
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 11, 2018
Minimum $160,170 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's degree in business administration, health care administration, public administration, public health or other health-related field required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
At least ten years of progressively responsible management experience with a record of significant accomplishments in managing a complex organization, department or program, preferably in an academic medical center. Demonstrated understanding and recognition of the academic medical center's multiple missions of patient care, research, teaching and community service.
* Maintain a deep knowledge of academic medicine and strategies for success.
* Experience in guiding, leading, motivating and assessing professional teams.
* Ability to participate in strategic planning and leadership in presenting and implementing ideas and processes.
* Participates fully as a member of the Department Leadership Team.
* Understands new issues quickly and makes wise decisions.
* Inspires confidence and creates trust.
* Clearly articulates information in oral and written communication.
* Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with a variety of stakeholders within the department, school, campus and outside of the institution with whom they do business.
* Demonstrates a genuine commitment to courteous, sincere, and sensitive service and a positive, caring attitude in all interactions.
* Demonstrates patience, tolerance, and values diversity.
* Demonstrated ability, experience and deep knowledge of best practices in finance, clinical revenue generation, human resources, grants administration, IT and facilities.
* Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
* Proven negotiation skills.
* Works under pressure, plans personal workload effectively and delegates.
* Performs quality work. Values accomplishments and shows enthusiasm and pride in work.
* Demonstrates a self-directed work effort.
* Demonstrates a commitment to improving work flows/work processes.
License or certificate:
The Department of Surgery is recruiting for a Director, Business Services with the working title of Department Administrator that will serve as the designee of and reports directly to the Department Chair. This position will provide leadership for the management team and is responsible for the administration of the Department's clinical, research, teaching and service programs. This position will also advance the strategic and short term planning processes as well as independently obtain and validate data needed for strategic decision-making.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion
Instructions to applicants:
Please select "Apply Now" to begin the application process. You will be required to upload a cover letter and CV. In your application materials, please address the Minimum Years and Relevant Work Experience listed.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 9 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 6 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time