Extension Program Coordinator - University Extension - Bloomington, IL (101087)
Extension Program Coordinator - University of Illinois Extension
Units 12 & 13 Cluster - Bloomington, IL (McLean County - Unit 12)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
This Program Coordinator position is to work as a team member with all Extension staff in responding to local requests for information and assisting with program delivery support. This full time, 12-month position in the McLean County office is available contingent upon annual funding. The Program Coordinator will provide primary responsibility to the specific tasks listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies critical priority needs and issues, with the assistance of other staff, to be addressed through 4-H programs
• Oversee daily management of 4-H Community Clubs and SPIN clubs (including annual club fiscal audits) youth member enrollment, leader volunteer management (recruitment, retention, and recognition)
• Oversee background screenings of 4-H volunteers with clerical assistance
• Coordinate 4-H records trainings, 4-H records judging, and 4-H recognition activities with volunteers
• Oversees Moschbacher Scholarship
• Cross-trains with other McLean 4-H EPC's to become familiar with all aspects of McLean 4-H
• Assists with the development of marketing plans and goals to recruit participants for educational activities; develops advertising and publicity for the activities in conjunction with the Publicity and Promotion Specialist
• Networks and/or collaborates with appropriate designated community organizations and groups with the 4-H YD Educator
• Coordinates the logistics and activities for specific program-related tasks, such as travel arrangements, food, equipment, facilities, and other supplies
• Assists in formulating and insuring the implementation of standard operating procedures for program activities, including guidelines to insure the safety and welfare of participants
• Assist 4-H Educator with conducting evaluation of program activities, developing impact statements, and recommending continuation, modification, or discontinuance of the program
• Participates in staff development and professional development opportunities
• Assists 4-H Educator with the development and maintenance of financial support (i.e., grant writing and fundraising) for the conduct of the program activity
• Complies with all Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work; assists Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports
• Performs other duties as assigned
1. High school graduation or GED
2. Any one or any combination that equals four (4) years/ 48 months of responsible volunteer or professional work experience in coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
A. Volunteer/Work experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
B. College coursework in any field of study
For more information about this classification:
This Extension Program Coordinator position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.85 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for EXT-PROG COORD-BLOOMINGTON (MCLEAN). Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Exam scores for this credential assessment will be based on materials submitted, rather than a written exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Extension
Title: Extension Program Coordinator - University Extension - Bloomington, IL (101087)
Open Date: 08/09/2018
Close Date: 08/20/2018
Organization Name: Unit 12