The Office of Prestigious Awards and Fellowship (PAF) resides within the University’s Office of Academic Enhancement. It promotes scholarship, ethical citizenship, and service to others while developing future leaders of our nation and the world through student participation in nationally and internationally competitive award programs.
The PAF Office provides students and recent graduates with a range of services to optimize their candidacy for prestigious awards, fellowships, and scholarships. PAF advisors help high-achieving students match individual qualifications to various scholarship/fellowship opportunities, navigate the application process, and connect them with resources to help them define and achieve their future goals. Advisors also meet with applicants to review applications packets, personal statements and other materials to assist students in submitting the strongest, most complete impression of their candidacy. The unit is responsible for organizing faculty committees for award programs requiring institutional endorsement or nomination of candidates.
The Program Manager will report to the Director of PAF and will be responsible for the operations of the PAF function. He/She/They will support the work of the PAF office work as it continues to partner high-achieving undergraduate students with the program and award opportunities that are available for their particular skills and accomplishments.
The Program Manager will perform a variety of duties in support of the identification, recruitment, and advisement of students considering and applying for national fellowships and scholarships. He/She/They will facilitate the recruitment and promotion efforts, conduct workshops, provide individual guidance, assist in program administration and development and facilitate assessment efforts. The Program Manager must be proactive, organized, attentive to details, have a strong interest in the academic development of high-performing students, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be able to multi-task and have the ability to meet deadlines and maintain flexibility. The position may require some travel and evening and weekend hours for planned events.
• Manage deadlines and confidential documents related to the application process for students applying for prestigious awards and fellowships.
• Coordinate PAF application processes for awards such as Fulbright, Rhodes, Marshall, and others including faculty committee scheduling, document collection, packet preparation, interview scheduling.
• Prepare drafts of institutional letters of endorsement for student nominees and ensure that they are approved, executed, and submitted according to award deadlines.
• Coordinate, strategize, implement and execute events and programs for PAF; Work with PAF Director to plan PAF segment of OAE Recognition Ceremony.
• Serve as an advisor to students seeking undergraduate awards.
• Work with printer to draft, edit and produce the annual PAF brochure and other publications.
• Create and maintain outreach materials for PAF including website, marketing, publicity, communications, online tutorials, and social media. Publicize student achievements on PAF website and other campus media outlets.
• Assist the Director with presentations for PAF opportunities/services through class visits/student organization outreach.
• Promote PAF schedule of awards, deadlines and workshops in campus media/social networking sites.
• Within the OAE office, help to develop new and creative ways to engage with Empower Me First, Programs of Academic Excellence, Foote Fellows, and Housing and Residential Life, and regularly attend their programming to stay informed and recruit new students to PAF.
• Conduct workshops on fellowship opportunities.
• Monitor PAF inbox and answer email inquiries.
• Assist the director in managing the publicity, planning, and execution of the OAE Research Program, which provides opportunities for students to fund research and other projects.
• Provide analysis, projections, and status summaries for the Prestigious Awards/Fellowship budget to the Office Manager as needed and assist in putting together the annual SACS report.
• Keep updated contact information for awarding entities and collect information on UM recipients for all awards. Oversee an annual awardee report that can be shared with faculty and administrators.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Three to five years work experience in related field.
• Experience advising students and interacting with faculty.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of students.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Exceptional writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective and collaborative team member.
• Ability to take direction.
• Demonstrated willingness to take initiative.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
• Ability to work in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
• Study abroad experience, publicity and promotion experience, and design experience preferred.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P00004354
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>