1. Administers all space requests and relinquishments of space.
2. Makes recommendations for improved efficiencies and possible physical consolidation of functions and units.
3. Works with leadership to ensure smooth transitions and ensure proper steps are taken prior to occupying new space.
4. Ensures space standards are maintained throughout the facilities as space is reassigned and redesigned.
5. Participates in capital projects to ensure strategic goals with respect to space utilization are being met.
6. Attends meetings associated with new construction and renovations.
7. Identifies and develops data management tools and systems to streamline space planning functions.
8. Prepares reports to aid leadership in the evaluation of current space utilization patterns and facilitate planning process for current and future space needs.
9. Oversees that space drawings and designs are appropriately preserved.
10. Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Knowledge of business and management principles.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
• Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
• Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
• Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
• Commitment to the University's core values.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required, Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P00017497
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.]]>