The Communications Coordinator interacts with internal and external sources to develop communications strategies and materials that promote a positive public image and further the University’s marketing communications goals and objectives. More specifically, the Communications Coordinator orchestrates all activities in relation to special events and website and social media updates.
1. Collaborates with others in the organization to achieve brand consistency.
2. Oversees and coordinates web content and assumes responsibility for content-related protocols to keep website up-to-date.
3. Coordinates and proofreads marketing communications activities and materials.
4. Supervises the creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications.
5. Analyzes communication trends, identifies areas of opportunity, and makes recommendations for improving departmental operations.
6. Writes development documents such as fundraising proposals and publications.
7. Works with leadership to identify media opportunities and implement campaigns around key programs and issues.
8. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Department Specific Functions
1. Acts as liaison to vendors and external entities.
2. Guarantees that activities and costs remain within set budgetary constraints.
3. Ensures that events proceed as scheduled and do not conflict with other activities.
4. Provides recommendations to upper management in regards to vendor, venue, and food services.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
•Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
•Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
•Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
•Ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required.
• Minimum two years of relevant experience.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100040985
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html]]>