The Assistant Director will provide career-related services and programming specifically for University of Miami Business School students and alumni which support the mission of the Toppel Career Center. Assist the Director and/or Associate Dean by performing specific duties in identified areas. Work independently toward carrying out departmental objectives utilizing the knowledge and application of departmental and University policies and procedures. May direct and coordinate the activities of other employees and student leaders usually performing exempt and nonexempt tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Build partnerships between the university and external communities (business, the public sector, and not-for-profit entities) emphasizing aggressive development and marketing to expand internship and full-time employment opportunities specifically for business majors.
• Assist with management of HireACane online system (powered by Handshake); routinely update employer data and professional contacts.
• Participate in the development and coordination of all University of Miami career fairs and events.
• Support Director and Associate Director with the development and maintenance of an
effective employer relationship program; participate in the development efforts with
regional and national companies through site visits and marketing.
• Represent the University of Miami at various corporate functions to gain exposure in the Miami community.
Student Advising and Programming
• Provide business students and alumni individual advising for defining career options,
developing career readiness skills, and conducting internship and job searches.
• Develop, coordinate, and facilitate training and skill development programs to include resume preparation, internship and job search strategies, interviewing skills, networking and negotiating job offers.
• Support Associate Director, Assessment & Communication, through compilation of
internship and full-time opportunities placement data for students and alumni Miami Business School (MBS) Liaison.
• Serve as primary liaison to the Miami Business School and work closely with Director,
Undergraduate Career Resources at MBS.
• Work with and advise faculty and college administrators on methods to enhance the quality of experiential learning/career education and to expand departmental participation.
• Coordinate college specific outreach, programming and customized seminars, workshops, and programs based on student needs assessment and faculty requests.
• Conduct individual advising appointments on a weekly basis.
• Plan, implement and evaluate innovative programming as market trends change.
• Maintain high level of contact with employers to ensure they meet recruiting goals.
• Hire, train, supervise and evaluate Employer Engagement Interns.
• Participate in weekly meetings with Employer Engagement teammembers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA):
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to assess, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to present to small and large audiences on career-related topics.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Proficiency with internet use and research.
• Master’s degree in Higher Education, Business, or related area preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
Work Experience Requirements:
• At least four (4) years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P00010718
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html]]>