Post Doctoral Research Associate - Advanced Radar Systems
General Summary of Position:
Applicants are sought for a full-time, benefitted postdoctoral researcher position in the fields of radar and remote sensing, and/or millimeter-wave digital communication technologies at the University of Massachusetts Lowell Submillimeter-Wave Technology Laboratory. STL is interested in furthering its expertise in bistatic radar but is also interested in supporting individuals that are willing to spearhead their own research in advanced radar technologies (e.g. Quantum radar) or digital radio (e.g. millimeter-wave 5G NR). Candidates must be self-starters with graduate experience in their proposed field of investigation and come prepared with a research plan. Other research areas of applicant interest that are synergistic with STL’s overall mission will also be considered. This appointment is for one year with the potential for an additional year depending upon funding availability.
Demonstrated experience in areas such as mm-wave arrays, high frequency source/receiver design, and mm-wave/THz instrumentation will be considered. The successful applicant will be expected to pursue external funding opportunities as well as publish results in scholarly journals and/or relevant recognized conferences. For more information contact Dr. Chris Beaudoin at: [email protected]
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) in EE, physics, or related field within the last 3 years or soon to be completed
- Strong background in applied electromagnetics and experimental techniques
- At least one authored publication related to the candidate’s field of interest
- Must be a U.S. citizen capable of obtaining a security clearance
- Prior experience in candidate’s proposed field of investigation desirable
- Some experience in microwave/mm-wave circuit and system-level measurement techniques
- Solid understanding of theoretical E/M and solver packages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.