Postdoctoral Research Associate - THz & mm-Wave Systems
General Summary of Position:
Applicants are sought for a full-time, benefitted postdoctoral researcher position in Terahertz & Millimeter-Wave Systems at the University of Massachusetts Lowell Submillimeter-Wave Technology Laboratory. The successful applicant will conduct research supporting the development of novel millimeter-wave/THz scanning/frequency-agile systems and related subsystems applicable to remote sensing, radar, and/or non-destructive evaluation measurement applications. Other research areas of applicant interest that are synergistic with STL’s overall mission will also be considered. This appointment is for one year with the potential for an additional year depending upon funding availability.
Demonstrated experience in areas such as millimeter-wave arrays, high frequency source/receiver design, and mm-wave/THz instrumentation will be considered. The successful applicant will be expected to pursue external funding opportunities as well as publish results in scholarly journals and/or relevant recognizedconferences. For more information contact Dr. Guy DeMartinis at: [email protected]
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) in EE, physics, or related field within the last 3 years or soon to be completed
- Strong background in electromagnetics or microwave/mm-wave systems and/or component
- Familiarity with electromagnetics device & system simulation tools (e.g. HFSS, ADS, SystemVue)
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Must be a U.S. citizen capable of obtaining a security clearance
Hands-on experience as appropriate to relevant area(s) of expertise:
- PCB design/layout/fabrication
- System/Subsystem/Device-level construction and characterization methodologies
- Radar systems and related technologies
- Remote sensing techniques and systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for one year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.