The creative writer/editor is a full-time, exempt position that works with all administrative staff and faculty departments. The position directly reports to the senior director of creative and editorial content. Hours of work performance are approximately 40 hours/week. Depending on activities, special projects or events, evening and weekend hours may be required at times; otherwise, the normal work schedule is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The creative writer/editor is responsible for telling the stories of the college, including:
- Actively identifying storytelling opportunities that advance the college’s mission.
- Creating and writing engaging stories that support the college’s marketing objectives in various formats, including print and digital, for all college audiences.
- Enhancing and editing all copy provided to the department from other administrative areas.
- Ensuring all writing is thoroughly and accurately edited to eliminate errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Identifying, contacting, scheduling and interviewing various members of the Wofford community.
- Transcribing and formulating content that creatively and accurately tells the Wofford story and supports the college’s mission in measurable and creative ways.
- Completing other duties as assigned.