Director of Financial Aid
About Dallas Baptist University
Founded in 1898, Dallas Baptist University is a nationally ranked, liberal arts global university with one mission—to provide Christ-centered quality higher education in the arts, sciences and professional studies at both the undergraduate and graduate levels to traditional-age and adult students in order to produce servant leaders who have the ability to integrate faith and learning through their respective callings.
Located on an award-winning 292-acre campus near the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, DBU is home to more than 5,000 students representing more than 60 countries. The University offers 73 majors on the undergraduate level, 31 master’s degree programs, 63 accelerated master’s degree programs, 74 dual degree programs and 2 doctoral programs, all with the focus on a singular mission—to produce transformative servant leaders who will impact the world for Christ.
Collectively, DBU has 131 full-time faculty members, 82% of whom hold a doctorate or terminal degree. The average class size is 12, and the student-to-faculty ratio is 13:1. In accordance with its vision to build a great Christian university that is pleasing to God, DBU offers a distinctly Christian environment. Leadership and staff pray together, seeking to know God’s will. Coaches are dedicated Christ-followers. Professors are committed, growing Christians. Dallas Baptist University is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas.
For more information, visit https://www.dbu.edu
About the Position
Dallas Baptist University, a comprehensive Christ-centered university, invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Financial Aid beginning Fall 2018. This is a full-time position in DBU’s Financial Aid Department.
- Provide direction and management to the operation of the Financial Aid Office by overseeing the application, awarding, and disbursement of all federal, state, institutional, and private financial aid
- Ensure all regulations related to aide sources are followed in a consistent, equitable, and timely manner
- Ensure that students of the University have adequate counseling resources related to their financial situation and their application for financial aid
- Research additional aid resources on behalf of the University in the form of grants, scholarships, and loans
- Monitor changes in regulations by participating in workshops, seminars, and reading current publications
- Handle all escalated customer service issues as they relate to the Financial Aid Department
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with at least five to seven years of financial aid experience in a four-year private university setting; master’s degree preferred. Must be a Christian who is a member of a church that holds Jesus Christ to be its Savior and Lord and who holds solely the Old Testament and the New Testament as sacred Scriptures.
- Knowledge of federal, state, institutional and private financial aid programs
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse student body
- Understand and support the mission of DBU and the Financial Aid Department
- Collaborate with appropriate employees to complete team projects
- Serve and understand the value of the student to the university
- Ensure university compliance with applicable regulations while maintaining DBU’s mission
- Serve and bring resolution to difficult situations •Ability to communicate via multiple medias, including written and verbal
- Ability to focus on details and see multiple complex projects through to completion
- Strong computer knowledge: Colleague, Microsoft Office Programs, and other software as required
Salary is commensurate with education and experience
apply for this position, visit https://www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com/candidate-portal-form.
To nominate someone for this position, e-mail: [email protected]
Alan Medders, Ph.D. will be assisting the University with the search. If you have questions or would like to have a confidential conversation about the position, call 256-239-2305 or e-mail [email protected]
Dallas Baptist University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, sex, disability, veteran status, race, color, or national origin in any employment practice, admissions, education program, or educational activity. Under federal and state law, the University may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purposes.
Candidates for this position will be considered through Sept. 10, 2018