Certified Pharmacy Tech
Under the supervision of a pharmacist performs tasks involving the dispensing, distribution and charging of drugs. Is involved in proper storage, compounding, packaging, labeling and record keeping associated with drugs. Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: - Must be capable of lifting forty pounds.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma with a strong background in math and science
- Registered with the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy as a Certified Technician or Pharmacy Intern
- Technician certification required by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or equivalent.
- At least six months of previous experience with a working knowledge of metric system along with names, strengths and dosage forms of medications. Knowledge of common medical abbreviations
- Knowledge of hospital charge systems and computer skills are preferred.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, computer operation and inventory control preferred.
- Basic knowledge of sterile and aseptic technique.
- Good communication skills especially in the areas of meeting the public and other health professionals and departments are required.
- Should be able to present a good public image.
- Utilizes effective communication to provide excellent customer services.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities as it relates to job duties.
- Demonstrates effective and culturally appropriate communications.