Under the supervision of a pharmacist performs tasks involving the dispensing, distribution and charging of drugs. Is involved in proper storage, compounding, packaging, labeling and record keeping associated with drugs. Pharmacy interns will also be mentored and learn to become a health system pharmacist. Pharmacy interns will observe and learn order processing, pharmacokinetic monitoring, patient education, and other health system clinical programs. Required Education/Experience/Licensing:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Must be accepted or provisionally accepted into the professional division.
- Active Pharmacy Intern License with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy (or obtain within 90 days of hire) - Required Communication and other skills:
- Good communication skills especially in the areas of meeting the public and other department are required.
- Utilizes effective communication to provide excellent customer services.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities as it relates to job duties.
- Demonstrates effective and culturally appropriate communications. Physical Requirements:
- Visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable;
- Ability to hear (with or without aides)
- Ability to verbally communicate
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 40 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk constantly
- Ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel occasionally