North Country Public Radio - Reporter
North Country Public Radio is seeking a creative, ambitious, and talented reporter to join our award-winning, nationally recognized news team. NCPR is a stimulating, fun, collaborative place to work. Located in Canton, NY, NCPR is located in a beautiful part of the country, close to the Adirondack Mountains, the St. Lawrence River and the 1000 Islands region, and nearby urban areas in Ottawa and Montreal, Canada.
We’re looking for a general assignment reporter - enterprising and self-motivated, able to work on his or her own, and with a team. The reporter will produce news stories for broadcast and digital platforms that serve the mission of the news department to provide coverage of issues of regional importance. They will also collaborate with the rest of the news team on special projects and investigative journalism.
- Strong background in journalism for radio and digital platforms
- Excellent writing skills for broadcast and web
- Ability to work various hours, including nights and weekends, depending on assignment
- Driver’s license and vehicle
- Ability to record and gather high-quality audio in the field
- Ability to use audio editing systems, such as Adobe Audition
- Strong skills with photography, Video a plus
- Expertise in multi-media skills, such as visual journalism, data-based reporting, social media engagement, etc.
- Comfort and competence with control room broadcast board or willingness to learn
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
North Country Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.