Learning Platform Administrator and Technologist
Learning Platform Administrator and Technologist
Job Number: 80037
Job Code: 4723Grade: J
Join a creative, talented, and dynamic team that is working to shape the future of teaching and learning. The Learning Platform Administrator and Technologist will play a vital role in facilitating the integration of technology into teaching and learning activities. Be the administrator of learning platforms and core technologies used at the GSB. Collaborate with the Teaching and Learning team to evaluate, adopt and support technology solutions for enhancing the teaching and learning experience.
- Assist with providing departmental leadership for using technology in teaching, learning, and community building. Oversee or provide assistance in the direct integration of technology into course design and delivery.
- Administer and support learning platforms and related processes, and serve as a subject matter expert regarding all educational technology tools used at the GSB.
- Actively encourage and support the use of technology by developing and implementing new tools and resources for instructors and students, assisting them with the tools, disseminating knowledge of these tools throughout the program or school, and creating and supporting an infrastructure that allows use of the tools in teaching and/or learning.
- Collaborate with university learning platform administrators and partners as well as school IT and program staff.
- Lead the development of resources, training sessions, or workshops to disseminate information about uses of technology.
- Assist with coordination of learning technology policies, procedures, and support.
- Work with project teams to develop innovative uses of technology for student learning, research, and/or community building. Consult on development of software applications, or work with on- or off-campus resources to develop or adapt software solutions.
- Consult with and help faculty and/or departments to incorporate technologies into course design and delivery in support of student learning goals.
- Stay abreast of educational technology research and participate in academic conferences.
- Provide expertise and support in applying instructional design methodologies to the development, implementation, and evaluation of face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses.
- Provide outreach and advocacy within and across departments for effective uses of educational technology.
- Partner with the Instructional Technology Specialist and PM on shared responsibilities and serve as each other's backup
* - Other duties may also be assigned MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree plus four years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of learning management systems and various classroom and online learning technologies.
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and training users on utilizing technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- At least two years of experience handling administrative and technical support responsibilities for a learning management system (Canvas preferred)
- Expertise in ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Demonstrated ability to express course material and pedagogic goals through application of technology to existing materials and structures.
- Experience with vendor development and management
- Experience with LTI tools and LMS APIs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design methodologies, pedagogical issues and best practices for classroom, online and hybrid learning.
- Excellent time management and service management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload, prioritize tasks and use good judgment in providing services based on goal.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering technical training to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse audience of faculty and staff.
Certifications and Licenses: None PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely writing by hand, use a telephone.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Extended hours and weekends if required by project or deadlines.
- Occasional overnight travel for conferences or training.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: Graduate School of Business, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.