The Outpatient Staff Pharmacist is responsible for processing prescriptions in the outpatient pharmacy in a manner which promotes high quality, cost effective, professional standards of service. The outpatient staff pharmacist is responsible filling prescriptions in the outpatient pharmacy in a manner which maintains quality outpatient pharmacy services in compliance with laws set forth by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy. PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of accredited pharmacy school required.
- Current, active State of Ohio Pharmacist license required.
- Recent experience in out-patient or retail full service pharmacy required.
- Knowledge of purchasing and strong inventory management skills.
- Recent experience and knowledge in administering a large employer based prescription plan or Medicare part D plan preferred.
- Strong computer skills required, QS1 preferred
- Knowledgeable in physical, chemical, and pharmacological aspects of pharmacy practice with special interest in development of Medication Therapy Management
- Ability to interact effectively, professionally and courteously with other health care professionals, patients and members of the University community
- Expectation to provide exceptional customer service skills
- Utilizes effective communication to provide excellent customer services
- Must be able to withstand pressure due to work volume, interruptions, pace, job variety with an expected degree of accuracy
- Able to stand for and provide pharmacy services for a 10 hours shift
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures as well as addresses patient safety, performance improvement, and quality of care issues. (List operational departmental focus for patient safety). - Knowledgeable about patient safety and quality of care issues. Able to recognize safety issues in the department and handles incidents per institutional and/or departmental policies and procedures. If safety issues were identified; all issues were handled timely and appropriately. - Department education and training focus has a direct impact on patient safety and reduces unsafe working conditions for employees. (For leaders only).
- Employee attends and follows all department specific safety education and training in an effort to create a safe work environment.
The percentages listed herein are only estimates used as a guide. It is conceivable that an individual in this position may be required to work 100% of their time on any one of these systems for any given length of time. As such, these percentages will not be used to limit an individual's activity. This holds true for other related duties. Other related duties may require 100% activity individually, and are not specified herein.