Manager, Capital Program
Department Facilities Fin & Admin Srvcs
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
OverviewAs the University embarks on a new Campus plan, the Manager, Capital Program will be at the forefront of developing new tools, analysis and reporting to increase accuracy, transparency and communication between stakeholders. The Manager, Capital Program, as part of the FFCP team is responsible for managing the various components of the university’s capital plan. These programs include the execution of new construction and renovation projects on campus. With oversight on all projects being completed on campus, the Manager must recognize the patterns, synergies and opportunities that exist within the plan, while trying to coordinate many of the annual programs, including the Major Maintenance program. The Manager will be responsible for much of the day-to-day financial management of the capital program, and will have input into the larger strategic implementation and initiatives within Facilities.
- Financial Reporting and Modeling
- Management of capital programs
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with department heads while developing a thorough knowledge of their business
- Develop and deliver financial analysis/models and reporting which monitors Facilities performance against budget in multiple programs
- Understand and enhance cash flow for capital programs
- Keep track and monitor budgets
- Advise the Real Estate Development (RED) Group in the execution of a diverse range of real estate transaction, including assisting with the renewal of leases, enforcement of lease payment/collection terms, and property acquisition or disposition
- Manage a staff responsible for, among other things, creation and payment of construction contracts and invoices
- 5 - 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills. Significant finance experience including familiarity with interpreting and analyzing financial statements.
- Precise and detail-oriented.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to work with large volumes of data to create reporting.
- Experience in Real Estate Finance a plus
- Excellent analytical skills. Must be able to take large volumes of data, analyze it and produce concise reports on what the underlying data means.
- Ability to analyze businesses and their processes, recommend solutions and lead projects to implement these solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. The ability to see the larger strategic picture, quickly identify problems areas within the broader strategic framework and solve them.
- Superior customer service skills and the ability to work closely with a large group of stakeholders, often as the chief liaison between the groups.
- The ability to see the larger strategic picture, and to quickly identify and solve problems within the broader strategic framework.
- Prior higher education and/or real estate experience
- Advanced degree
- Technology savvy; knowledge of reporting software.