Facilities Maintenance Systems Specialist
Department PPPL Facilities
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
OverviewThis position manages the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and coordinates with other information systems for the Facilities and Site Services Division. This individual is responsible for managing the CMMS infrastructure, collecting/compiling work requests for Laboratory staff, participating in review and prioritization discussions, and issuing final requests for scheduling and action. In addition, this individual generates Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasks each month and maintains the equipment asset database. This individual will support staff training on desktop/mobile software use and adapt workflows for integration into Maximo. The ISS prepares, issues, and distributes reports to leadership for ongoing planning purposes and annual close-out reporting purposes, including Department of Energy (DOE) and Federal Information Management System (FIMS) reports.
- Manage the Computerized Maintenance Management System. Work with leadership and stakeholders to develop PM schedules, procedures, equipment records, location records, labor records, and processes incoming work requests. Ensure consistency between CMMS with other databases including FIMS and VFA Facility database. Use Cognos Information Warehouse to create reports. Provide training and technical support to leadership and technicians. Provide customer service to users of the work request system. Adapt workflows for integration into the CMMS using digital solutions.
- Provide data for reporting in accordance with DOE and FIMS requirements. Develop source documentation for FIMS annual data validation.
- Update supporting documents for facilities engineering and maintenance operations including PM plans, procedures, building drawings, and serves as the department’s Records Coordinator.
- Track building level facilities operating and maintenance data including costs of labor and materials, equipment performance and reliability trending. Supports department leadership in using this data for performance improvement.
- High school diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.Minimum of two years of experience with administrative use of Maximo or similar CMMS program. Experience with VFA Facility database a plus.Must have strong multi-platform computer skills with the ability to effectively use various campus, department, and Department of Energy (DOE) software systems.Must demonstrate solid organizational and multitasking skills.Must demonstrate competence in knowledgeable of policies/procedures (PPPL preferred) and federal regulations (DOE preferred).Must demonstrate good communication skills and interact in a positive manner with others to form strong professional working relationships.Must pass a background check.