Electronic Technician (I&C)
Assist and participate in the design, fabrication and operation of state of the art instrumentation and control systems in support of a wide range of current and future projects at PPPL.Responsibilities
- Assist scientists and engineers with modifications, troubleshooting and repair of electronics to the component level.
- Participation in circuitry design, system layouts, chassis design and fabrication.
- Daily operation and maintenance of a common electronics lab where fabrication, testing and development activities occur.
- Maintain equipment and parts inventory.
- Ensure proper function and calibration of electronic equipment
- Associates Degree in Electronics
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of electronics disciplines including: o Analog o Digital Radio frequency o Power circuits
- Experience using standard off the shelf test equipment:
- Function Generator
- Bench Power Supplies
- Hands on experience fabricating circuits:
- Wire wrap
- Point to point
- Printed wiring boards
- Surface mount
- Ability to work with a diverse set of scientists, engineers and technical staff with varying skill levels and backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong technical skills
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeTSS, 03Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo