Director Of Development Operations
Provide operational direction and leadership to the School of Law's development operations, alumni relations and development departments. Design and direct long- and short-term strategic planning in key administrative areas of fundraising reporting and rollout of new initiatives, personnel and space allocations. Plan, execute, and oversee the department’s annual budget, working closely with the office of financial management. Work with department directors to monitor internal and external event budgets matters, and vendor and consultant relationships. Create reporting solutions that support Prospect Research, Fundraising, Alumni Relations, and Stewardship teams. Develop short and long-range information technology plans to support fund raising efforts and data integrity. Oversee the gift acknowledgement process. Identify needs for and develop innovative solutions for office management and efficiency and the involvement of vendors to facilitate communication with alumni audience. Develop and manage personnel with the Departments of Financial Management and Human Resources.Qualifications
Required Education:Bachelor's degree.Preferred Education:Master's degree.Required Experience:4 or more years' professional-level operations experience with complex administrative organizations; proven management experience.Preferred Experience:Experience in an academic, non-profit and/or development environment. Supervisory experience.Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent planning, interpersonal and written and verbal communications skills. Ability to explain technical issues in a non-technical manner.
- Experience with SunGard Advance/AWA database preferred.
- Organized and detail oriented with statistical and written data 2-3 years' work experience with relational databases, including, but not limited to: creating queries, designing report formats, importing, exporting, and updating data. Experience with databases must extend beyond end-user rights (i.e., read-only) or data entry.
- Work experience with SQL; BRIO reporting experience a plus.
- Seasoned professional with strong strategic, tactical and operational skills, business and financial acumen, and demonstrated ability to lead and take initiative.
- Team player who has effective relationship building skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands and deadlines with composure.
- Seeks new challenges and is willing to learn new skills.
- Knowledge of FASB, CASE and IRS requirements a plus.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity