Film Directing Instructor
Effat University’s College of Architecture and Design – Visual & Digital Production Department invites applications for full-time faculty positions at the ranks of Assistant/Associate /Full professor in Animation/Film Production /Interactive Media/ Screenwriting starting in August 2018. The positions are available immediately and applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Successful candidates are expected to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in the area of specialization using practical innovative methods, complement and enhance the research activities of the department and College of Architecture and Design with their own creative and scholarly activities, supervise student research thesis/projects, and publish in top notch journals in their field.
1. Job Details - Role Purpose - Basic Function is to Plan, deliver and evaluate Film Directing Courses
To plan, deliver and evaluate creative and innovative teaching and learning in the area of film & television Directing. To contribute towards the planning and effective running of the curriculum and department. To adhere to and administrate Safety policies and procedures. To assist in the distribution of media product and the promotion and screening of film work at internal and external events.
2. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach beginning, intermediate and advanced courses in Film directing.
- Serve on departmental committees and become involved in the local professional community and academic groups.
- Participate in curriculum updates and development
- Develop resources, materials and strategies, including Filmmaking technology, to teach students in a multicultural environment
- Participate in professional development activities related to academic and professional matters at the departmental or college level
3. Performs other Job Related Duties as Assigned
- Contribute to a department engaged in creative expression and critical thinking across disciplines and be encouraged to seek out synergies that may exist among colleagues across the university.
- Liaison with external agencies and industry i.e. Conations and employers, local studios, venues and media production companies, etc.
- Participating in quality management and final standards assessment, in line with university board criteria.
- To assist with the recruitment, admission, enrolment and induction of learners onto the course/subject
4. Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
Applicants must have BA/BFA/BSc, MA/MFA/MSc and PhD degree in one of the audiovisual media fields (Animation/Film Production /Interactive Media/ Screenwriting), from accredited university with at least five years of teaching experience at graduate and undergraduate levels. An ideal candidate must be committed to high quality teaching, outstanding research and strong publication record, ability to generate research funds and have strong relation with the industry, with very good management and leadership qualifications, communication, interpersonal, professional skills and proficiency in English language.
Demonstrate successful teaching experience at the university or college level. Demonstrated evidence of professional experience in Film Directing. Background in both multi-camera television studio production and single-camera video film production preferred. Experience in pre-production and post-production desired. Demonstrated ability to work with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community desired.
All applicants must submit the covering letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and research interests, sample of publications, and three letters of reference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and College of Architecture and Design Recruitment Committee COADRC@effatuniversity.edu.sa
The faculty recruitment committee will review the received applications immediately, and will continue until the positions are filled.
Apply for Film Directing Instructor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly