Executive Mgtmt Director-Exec Mgt
Michigan State University’s Office of University Advancement is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated individual to serve as one of three Executive Directors providing oversight to Constituency Programs. The Division of Constituency Programs consists of 17 degree-granting and 12 non-degree granting units across the university. In this particular role, the ED will be charged with oversight of 8-10 of these units, thus playing a pivotal role in charting MSU’s fundraising success which exceeds $200m annually.
In partnership with the deans/unit directors, the ED of Constituency Programs will provide direct supervision to the senior level fundraisers in his/her cluster, aiding them in developing high-functioning, best practice fundraising programs that assure the greatest philanthropic impact for MSU. This involves many facets, including
- working with fundraisers to develop effective donor strategies that move prospects swiftly along the Donor Continuum, drive major gift conversations and stimulate higher production levels;
- serving as an internal consultant to deans, directors and program leaders in evaluating fundraising potential, evaluating organizational dynamics as they impact advancement opportunities
- personnel management that includes the hiring of qualified candidates, a commitment to performance excellence, and the professional development and growth of all members of the team;
- programmatic management that includes developing, implementing and managing comprehensive development programs a in both short term and longer campaign-length contexts; and
- Problem-solving as the needs arise.
Reporting directly to the VP of UA, this individual also will be a key member of the leadership team and play a significant role not only in bringing the university’s Empower Extraordinary campaign to a successful close, but also in developing a plan for the university’s next comprehensive campaign.
The successful candidate is one who is a seasoned professional and proven exemplar. S/he will have a strong track-record of fundraising, leadership and management experience as well as show an ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment. Inspirational and motivating, the ideal candidate will be seen as one who is an outstanding role model and mentor, trusted resource, teacher and coach. This individual will be one who has demonstrated clearly that s/he can earn the respect of colleagues, donors, and other stakeholders at the management, peer and team levels.Required Degree
The job requires: knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Business; eight to ten years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in professional and higher education fundraising, public relations, marketing, development of budgets, preparation and presentation of case statements and analysis of operations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Resume and Cover LetterReview of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.