Community Service Representative - Work Study Student
COMMUNITY SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The appointed federal work study student worker will provide up to 5 hours of support every fourth Sunday of the month to assist in LA on Cloud 9 events. Job requirements include feeding homeless persons of the community in need, dispersing clothing, animal products and items collected by the community organization. In addition, representatives will clean up area of Community Partner worksite.
This position is located off-campus at the Community Partner worksite in Los Angeles, CA and requires weekend hours. The Community Service Representative reports directly to the Community Partner Organization Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Distribute outreach supplies including but not limited to wound care supplies, hygiene supplies, blankets, socks and animal supplies.
- Ability to interact with animals of various sizes.
- Provide program materials to community partners around shelter services.
- Handling correspondence and making telephone calls
- Liaising with volunteers/members of staff
- Demonstrated understanding of the causes of homelessness.
- Demonstrate a helpful, knowledgeable, and consultative approach to assisting a variety of community members including adults, children and pets.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Eligible for the Federal Work Study program at Pacific Oaks College.
- Must maintain FWS eligibility for the entire academic year.
- Must have access to their own reliable transportation and be able to travel to off-campus partner worksite.
- Requires ability to walk up to 4-5 hours per day with intermittent occasional sitting, standing, and bending.
- Occasionally may be required to lift items up to 20 pounds to a height up to 3 feet.
- Occasionally may be required to carry items up to 20 pounds for distances up to 500 feet.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School