Student Finance Coordinator
The Student Financial Coordinator is responsible for providing outstanding customer support for students, families, and other members of the community with regard to college student accounts. The incumbent will provide students with a personalized and highly supportive customer service focus preparing them to better understand the financial aid, student accounts process; and internal and external financial resources available to them.
This individual serves as a liaison between multiple departments such as Financial Aid, Admissions, and Student Services; and is responsible for continuous communication and collaboration between the offices regarding student finance procedures and processes.
The coordinator works with the Student Financial Aid team to review and coordinate funding options for existing and new students. This position also develops communications, prepares and presents reports involving student status issues, and maintains records of the resolution process.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Associate Vice President, Financial and Administrative Operations.
- Develop coordinating activities involving the student funding process, and assist in creating a forward-thinking student services experience.
- Coordinating the communication of financial information to all students on-ground and online, while maintaining sensitivity in dealing with financial issues.
- Assist students in setting up payment plans, collect Admissions application fees, and deposits. Process and apply payments including preparing deposit slips.
- Review monthly student account statements for present and past students.
- Responding to any student issues and cultivating positive relationships with students, via phone, email and virtual software, explaining awards letters, scholarship opportunities, and other internal and external aid.
- Support the Student Accounts department in following up regularly with students regarding balances and payments.
- Counseling students regarding payment arrangement options
- Monitoring past due student accounts to ensure timely recovery of payments
- Assist with orientation and other financial presentations.
- Cultivating constructive and efficient relationships with Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Student Services, and other school administrative staff as required.
- Special projects and reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Complete understanding of confidentiality.
- Strong customer service orientation; demonstrated ability to interact successfully with faculty, staff and students.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: the ability to actively listen, respond with empathy, and write various types of communication to students, and/or campus stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of financial aid (Title IV) process.
- Knowledge of appropriate student account software packaging process.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution in a business related field and 2 years' related professional experience.
- 3 years' experience in higher education student services, preferred.
- Excellent customer-service skills, required.
- Previous experience using Campus Vue or a similar student information data management system, preferred.
- 25% travel to various Pacific Oaks campus and sites
- Flexible work schedule, with possibility to work weekends and evening hours.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer and current software applications including, but not limited to the Microsoft Office suite
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School