Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
The School of Education at Gardner-Webb University seeks a strong candidate to serve as the Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation (non-tenure track). The 12-month director position will begin in January 2019.
- The preferred candidate will have a doctorate in education, educational measurement, statistics, educational research or a related field and a strong record of research, scholarly, and/or creative achievement. Administrative and/or supervisor experience as department chair, program coordinator, or similar position also is preferred. The preferred candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of experience working with quality assurance systems and accreditation in higher education; strong interpersonal, analytic, and written and oral communication skills; knowledge of the disciplines and programs represented in the School; ability to perform the essential duties related to internal operations of the School including, but not limited to: accreditation (CAEP, SACSCOC and North Carolina Department of Public Instruction), assessment, curricula development, research programs, and student success; commitment to serving diverse constituencies in a shared governance environment; ability to interpret policies and apply regulations within given business practices and organizational structures; desire to work in a team-based, dynamic environment.
The Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
- Coordinates the School of Education’s quality assurance system including strategic planning, assessment and evaluation for continuous improvement, statistical analysis of instrumentation to establish validity and reliability, and data dissemination.
- Provides leadership for and coordination of the operational function of the research mission of the School including strategic partnerships with Foundations, grants, agencies, corporations, and businesses.
- Works closely with the dean, associate deans, and department chairs/program coordinators to develop processes to support academic programs through continuous improvement structures.
- Serves on the SOE Dean’s Council, PEC (Professional Education Council) and other committees as assigned.
- Generates and submits all required School reports: annual Gardner-Webb University reports, NC Institution of Higher Education reports, CAEP, SACSCOC and other reports as requested.
- Performs other duties as requested by the dean or other Gardner-Webb University supervisors.
- Coordinates the IRB and research processes for doctoral candidates.
- Serves on doctoral committees as needed.
Candidates should electronically submit a letter of interest, current vita, official college transcripts, and contact information for three professional references to Dr. Jim Palermo, Search Committee Chair [email protected] Non-electronic transcripts may be sent to Dr. Jim Palermo at P.O. Box 7304, Gardner-Webb University, Boiling Springs, NC 28017. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Gardner-Webb University is a private institution founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905 and employs individuals who participate in and whole heartedly support Christian values. The school is located in the foothills of North Carolina with easy access to Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville-Spartanburg. Salary and benefits are competitive with institutions of similar size and purpose.