Los Angeles, CA
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology seeks a full time faculty member to join Master of Public Health (MPH) Department. Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
Ideal applicants will be enthusiastic to teach and, committed to promoting the MPH program in and around Los Angeles. The applicant will have extensive experience in public health practice/education, teaching graduate students online and blended, and guiding students successfully through their applied research projects. Applicants are required to conduct grassroots marketing activities for the program in and around Los Angeles, that includes leading outreach activities with local community colleges, and healthcare organizations among others, organizing social media sessions with potential applicants and other activities on and off campus as needed. This position includes teaching in the blended MPH program on our Los Angeles campus as well as teaching in our online MPH program.
• Teach students at the graduate level in topics related to public health
• Actively engage in on and off campus marketing activities to promote the MPH program in and around Los Angeles
• Is based out of Los Angeles and understands the MPH landscape in and around Los Angeles
• Advise students on academic and career goals
• Participate in 10-day international field experience as needed
• Guide students through the Capstone applied research projects
• Guide students through the fieldwork process and build partnerships with Los Angeles based organizations and manage documentation for the fieldwork placements
• Contribute to curriculum design and Departmental development
• Engage yearly in scholarship activities
• Engage in administrative activities as deemed necessary by the Dean/Chair
• A doctoral degree in Public Health or related field
• Strong knowledge of multiple public health areas and marketing skills
• Experience and evidence of success in online and blended graduate level teaching
• Proven ability to guide students through the fieldwork and research process
• Professional network that would facilitate fieldwork placements for students and engage in community relationship development.
• Familiarity with accreditation requirements and processes for public health programs (e.g., CEPH)
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit:
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org . TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology