Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional school with a dynamic student body and professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
Our Southern California campuses are seeking a part-time Writing Specialist (WS) whose primary responsibility will be to provide writing support for first- and second-year students enrolled in Undergraduate, Master's and Doctoral programs. In collaboration with faculty and the Dissertation Writing Experts, the WS will develop group and individual learning opportunities to assist students in honing their academic and professional writing skills. The WS will report to the Dean of Academic Affairs for the California campuses.
- Develop and implement effective programming to address student writing needs
- Collaborate with faculty to identify student writing needs
- Collaborate with the Dissertation Writing Experts to provide comprehensive writing support for Doctoral students and to ensure a seamless transition in their academic development from pre-dissertation to dissertation stage
- Conduct seminars on APA writing style and formatting
- Conduct individual and small-group consultations on academic and professional writing
- Provide specialized writing assistance to students whose primary language is not English
- Prepare tutoring materials and appropriate learning activities to support student learning goals
- Select electronic resources to supplement tutoring sessions
- Hire, train, and supervise peer tutors, as needed
- Maintain and communicate records of student progress, including challenges and successes
- Maintain strict confidentiality with regard to student names and results
- Behave in a collegial and professional manner with all members of TCSPP community and adhere to the highest professional conduct and ethical standards
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master's Degree in English
- ESOL certification preferred
- Good familiarity with APA writing style and formatting
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching college-level composition to a culturally diverse student population
- Experience tutoring students in English composition in a one-on-one setting
- Experience tutoring bilingual students and students for whom English is a second or foreign language
- Experience tutoring students via electronic means (e.g., teleconference and online learning platforms)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology