PR & Communications Intern
TCS Education System is currently seeking a PR & Communications Intern to join the President's Office PR & Communications department.
Reporting to the PR & Communications Manager, this internship is an opportunity to both build your resume, and experience client-side communications leveraging the leading communication databases and analytic platforms in the industry.
The selected intern will have solid writing ability based on their role writing content drives external brand awareness of TCS Education System and promotes brand advocacy among internal audiences. Numerous opportunities to build a writing portfolio are available for the right candidate.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interviewing employees across the organization, and writing articles leveraging that content for internal newsletter TCS Quarterly
- Adapting provided content for System-wide newsletter, Community Connections, distributed to five colleges
- Press release writing, media pitches and newswire distribution
- Social content development for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn System accounts
- Short form blog posts
- Currently enrolled in a four-year program
- Availability to work at least 20 hours weekly September through December
- Strong writing skills and a capacity to adapt style and tone for various audiences
- PR, Communications, and English majors, or those with a high concentration of writing coursework strongly preferred
- Familiarity with public relations, or a strong desire to learn more about it
TCS Education System (TCS) is a nonprofit system of colleges that was launched in 2009 to advance student success and community impact. Currently, the System spans five colleges, campus locations across 12 cities and a community of more than 30 global academic partners to fulfill the aspirations of more than 7,000 students. The TCS model provides its colleges with the scale of resources necessary to succeed, including admissions and enrollment operations, finance and accounting, information and learning technology, marketing, strategic planning, compliance and legal services, human resources, and global engagement among other areas of professional expertise. The System was founded on the belief that by sharing administrative resources and allowing colleges to concentrate on providing students with quality, social change-focused education, we can give each member of our community the power to change the world. TCS colleges include The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University. To learn more, watch our System video and explore our community at www.tcsedsystem.edu
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TCS Education System