Director of Clinical Training
Founded in 1979, and with campuses in Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC, and online, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is the nation's leading nonprofit school exclusively dedicated to psychology and its applications. The Chicago School trains individuals to be engaged professionals in their communities, approach practice and scholarship from the broader view of innovators, transformers, and problem solvers, and use their disciplines to make positive and lasting impact on the world. A cornerstone of The Chicago School mission is its commitment to serving and embracing diverse and underserved communities.
The Director of Clinical Training at the Chicago Campus oversees the entire practicum experience for the students in the Applied Behavior Analysis program. This position collaborates with the other Directors of Clinical Training in other departments and at other campus locations. The Director of Clinical Training acts as a liaison between the academic program administration and faculty, the training sites, and the students.
- Oversee the education of students who are new to the practicum/internship search processes and practices.
- Manage the flow of information regarding students' progress, as well as problems, to academic department chairs, faculty, and/or practicum/internship sites.
- Consult with students who are encountering issues related to their internship/practicum experience.
- Help review of internship/practicum evaluations and related paperwork.
- Help manage the proper storage and/or dissemination of training data.
- Monitor student learning outcomes and progress
- Provide clinical and research supervision and academic advisement to ABA students
- Prepare students to pass the BCBA Exam and to work as independent professionals.
- Consult on the development of new initiatives and projects.
- Consult on the development and maintenance of coursework pertinent to training.
- Interact and communicate successfully with a diverse population.
- Act in a way that embodies the mission, vision and values of The Chicago School.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements.
- Opportunities to teach coursework available.
- Chair and act as reader on thesis and dissertation committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department chair.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintains a professional appearance and acts in respectful and ethical manner.
- Possesses the ability to remain calm and make decisions under pressure. Strong time management skills.
- Possesses the ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Learns actively to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Thinks critically to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communicates ideas and information effectively in both vocal and written form.
- Possesses the ability to adapt to changing circumstances, needs, and demands.
- Maintains knowledge of local and national training and licensing requirements
- Understands and has the ability to navigate multiple levels of program hierarchies
- Possesses computer proficiency in MS Office
- 2 -3 years of professional experience
- Must have current BCBA and meet supervision requirements
- Doctoral degree preferred
- Ability to travel to site locations
- Expertise across multiple ABA areas and skills, such as precision teaching, verbal behavior, discrete trials, CABAS, fluency-building, autism, and clinical behavior analysis (e.g., Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Functional Analytic Psychotherapy).
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System, and its affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology