Student Support Counselor
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations. We are currently searching for a Student Advisor to join our Chicago Office.
The Student Support Counselor (SSC) is the single-point of access for students and provides student-centered support services. The SSC administers a high-level of customer service to ensure retention, student satisfaction, and success of students. SSC is responsible for adhering to all Internal, Federal, Department of Education, and Affiliate policies and procedures. SSC also provides support to all TCSPP constituents, both internal and external.
• Work with new and continuing students at various process and stages of their education.
• Administration of advising services including registration, evaluation of program requirements, incomplete grades, student class activity, Satisfactory Academic Progress, and overall degree progress.
• Call each student throughout the term to ensure they are successfully completing coursework and to provide support to the student.
• Respond to calls and e-mails from incoming or current students on a daily basis by providing guidance regarding course work, policies, and support.
• Advising at-risk students through work/life balance, time management, other circumstances to ensure successful completion of the course and program.
• Advising students on course/program content and registration in degree program of study.
• Follow-up on the progress of Academic Plans for students on who do not meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements or in need of additional support.
• Collaborate with various student facing departments such as Academics, Financial Aid, Admissions, and Student Accounts to ensure the success of the student.
• Work with Office of the Registrar to ensure that incoming and current students receive timely information and guidance regarding institutional policies, course registration, program completion, etc.
• Advise students on support services and resources available to them through their school.
• Adherence to set internal, Federal, DOE, and Affiliate policies and procedures, integrity and ethical standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, Power Point) and other clerical skills (phone skills, typing, filing)
• Skills to establish and maintain effective relationships
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with all students regardless of educational level as well as all employees regardless of position/title.
• Excellent Team Work
• Bilingual English/Spanish Speaking preferred
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Experience in customer service or customer support environment required.
• Experience within Student Facing positions and/or Higher Education preferred.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology