Multimedia Content Specialist
The Multimedia Content Specialist is an excellent storyteller and producer with experience working across a variety of mediums, including video. A key member of the Development Communications and Marketing team, you will be a part of our creative team working with development and university leaders to demonstrate the impact and importance of philanthropy to alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, this position interacts and collaborates closely with other members of the team to conceptualize and deliver video, photography, audio and more to advance Duke University and enhance the university's ability to connect with donors.
- Create a multimedia content strategy that ensures a consistent pipeline of engaging content that reflects University Development philanthropic priorities and aligns with news announcements and our annual overall marketing plans.
- Work with members of the digital and marketing teams to distribute content through a variety of channels, including websites, social media and email.
- Track and share emerging content trends to ensure that our work stays fresh and modern.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other development and communications offices at Duke to facilitate storytelling and content sharing.
Storytelling & Publicity:
- Work with the Development Communications and Marketing team to translate storytelling opportunities – such as gift announcements, donor news and fundraising priorities – into creative video and multimedia content that supports fundraising efforts and inspires donors to give.
- Conceptualize and create multimedia packages including video, audio and photojournalism in collaboration with members of the Development Communications and Marketing team.
- Plan and direct video shoots with third-party vendors.
Production & Project Management:
- Partner with senior designer to develop digital images and animated graphics. Provide additional digital design support as needed across all channels.
- Manage timelines and coordinate with supervisors to oversee project budgets to ensure content produced fits into distribution plans and meets production specifications.
- Seek approvals from executives and subject matter experts internally.
- Ensure processes for quality work and adherence to departmental and university brand standards.
- Oversee, organize and manage Development Communications and Marketing video library and archiving processes.
- Work with digital analyst to examine the performance of content and continuously learn more about what performs well with what audiences, building those learnings into future work.
- Set and achieve benchmarks for growth and success.
- Identifies and provides relevant project metrics and data reports to the team as necessary.
- Teamwork: Foster positive work relationships and work in an inclusive team approach.
- Promotes Innovation and Creativity: Improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services.
- Attention to Detail: Value and ensure thorough and accurate information in all work. Organize and deliver information in a clear and concise manner.
- Planning, Prioritizing and Multitasking: Possesses the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work; effectively manages multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Collaborating with Others: Possesses the ability to work well with others to achieve shared success in both formal and informal collaborative efforts within one's work group and across Duke.
- Expressing Ideas Orally and in Writing: Ability to communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts orally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with five years of relevant work experience.
- Strong multimedia storytelling skills, as demonstrated in URLS for at least five clips included in resume or cover letter.
- Proven experience with DSLR cameras, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of video editing and production for web and mobile devices. Strong understanding of how to digitize, encode, and deliver those formats through existing channels like YouTube and custom-coded web devices/interfaces.
- Fluency in both Macintosh and Microsoft Windows environments.
- Graphic and digital design experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in distribution of content within social media platforms, including Facebook Business Manager a plus.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Experience creating content about higher education a plus.
- Photography portfolio a plus.
Interested Applicants: In addition to your online application, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2018, for best consideration. Please put “Multimedia Content Specialist” in the subject line.
Apply for Multimedia Content Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly