Professor of Practice and Associate Director for Applied Computing Programs
School of Professional Advancement
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Professor of Practice and Associate Director of Applied Computing Systems & Technology programs is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing administration of undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs in fields related to Applied Computing in collaboration with the Program Director. This includes instruction, development and revision of courses and the curriculum of the programs in collaboration with faculty and the school administration. The Associate Program Director also recruits and evaluates a largely adjunct faculty to teach, provides academic advisement to students in the program(s) and to prospective students.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Ability to develop and deliver creative, innovative and rigorous higher education programs.
- Ability to develop and maintain industry relationships that lead to adjunct faculty recruitment, internship and job opportunities for students and graduates, and feedback on the academic programs.
- Ability to support development and implementation of quality courses and programs.
- Excellent administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to provide quality academic advisement to working adult students.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with individuals of various ages and background.
- Master's degree (PhD Preferred) in Computer Science, IT or related field
- Demonstrable knowledge and practical experience with information technology principles and application including network architecture, software architecture, virtualization, cybersecurity, software development, risk management, IT procurement and IT management.
- Teaching/Instruction experience in post-secondary institutions.
- Experience in managing/implementing/adminstrating a formal education or training program.
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching or occupational experience in Information Technology , network administration, or systems/network architecture
- Applicant has formally presented or published on information technology topics
- PhD in Computer Science, IT or related field
- Experience with online learning and learning management systems, Canvas preferred
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.